Date:December 25, 2022
Author: Wayne J. Edwards
Today, people all over the world are asking the question, “What Child is This?” In his “woke” address, without speaking His name, President Biden referred to Jesus as “A Child Christians Believe to Be the Son of God.”
With all due respect, Mr. President, over 300 specific prophecies in the Old Testament were fulfilled in the birth, life, death, and resurrection of Jesus of Nazareth, and a few more left to be fulfilled when He soon returns to earth as the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Here are a few of the more notable messianic prophecies Jesus fulfilled.
- He was born in Bethlehem.
- His public ministry was preceded by a messenger (John the Baptist).
- He entered Jerusalem on a donkey.
- He was betrayed by a friend who received thirty pieces of silver.
- He was silent before His accusers.
- He died in the manner Romans used for criminals (crucifixion), during which they pierced His hands and feet.
In his book, Science Speaks, Peter stoner said, the chance of any man fulfilling only a portion of those prophecies would be 1 in 100,000,000,000,000,000 – that’s 100 quadrillion.
We will explain this further in our final sermon in this series, “What Child is This? Child of Prophecy.” The brief sermon study guide is attached.