The Convergent Factor
The Prophetic Significance of the Israel-Gaza War
According to trusted Prophecy Watchers, the world is on the brink of an apocalyptic war between Israel and Iran.
- Since this war is not political or provincial, it can only be prophetical. This conflict could be the beginning of the final wars of this age, leading to the return of Jesus Christ to this earth as the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has assembled a massive military offensive on the Gaza border to demolish the Hamas terrorist’s regime that killed 1,300 Israelis on October 7, 2023.
- Hezbollah, a Shiite Muslim militant group based in Lebanon, said if the Israeli operation in Gaza continues, it will enter the conflict directed by Iran.
- If the IDF continues to bomb Syria’s airports, they will also come against Israel from the North, directed by Iran.
- If that happens, the United States will have to order strikes against Hezbollah, and two aircraft carriers have been ordered into the eastern Mediterranean Sea as a deterrence.
- Unless God intervenes, most prophecy watchers believe this could morph into the Psalm 83 war, then to the Ezekiel 38-39 war, and finally into the Battle of Armageddon, which will end with the return of Jesus Christ.
Gaza is a strip of land, 25 miles long and 7 miles wide, located on the eastern coast of the Mediterranean Sea. Gaza has been under the control of the political and militant group Hamas since 2007. Gasa is mentioned 20 times in the Bible, with most references regarding the wickedness of its people, especially its leaders.
- Genesis 10 – Gaza was part of the land occupied by the Canaanites, God’s moral enemies.
- Judges 1 – God directed the Israelites to conquer Gaza because they were constantly attacking and terrorizing the Jews.
- Judges 16 – God used Samson to destroy the City of Gaza.
- Amos 1:6-7 – God told Amos to write about the wickedness of Gaza and the divine judgment to come upon it. “I will send fire upon the wall of Gaza, and it will consume her citadels.”
- Acts 8:25-26 – The Lord told Philipp to go south to the road that descends from Jerusalem to Gaza, where he would find a man reading the prophecy of Isaiah. Philipp explained the scriptures to the man, led him to repent of his sins, express his faith in Jesus Christ as his Savior, and he baptized him.
“Do not keep silent, O God! Do not hold Your peace,
and do not be still, O God!
For behold, Your enemies make a tumult;
And those who hate You have lifted up their head.
They have taken crafty counsel against Your people, and
consulted together against Your sheltered ones.
They have said, “Come, and let us cut them off from being a
nation, that the name of Israel may be remembered no more.”
For they have consulted together with one consent;
They form a confederacy against You:
The tents of Edom and the Ishmaelites; Moab and the Hagrites;
Gebal, Ammon, and Amalek; Philistia with the inhabitants of
Tyre; Assyria also has joined with them;
They have helped the children of Lot. Selah”
- “The tents of Edom and the Ishmaelites” – that’s southern Jordan and Arabia.
- “Moab and the Hagrides” – central and north Jordan.
- “Gebal and Ammon and Amalek” – Lebanon and Syria and the Sinai Peninsula.
- “Philistia” – the Gaza Strip.
- “With the inhabitants of Tyre” – more of Lebanon.
- “Assyria also has joined with them” – Syria, Lebanon and Iraq.
Even in the 9th century, those who lived in these areas hated Israel because they hated the God of Israel. So, what did the writer, led by the Holy Spirit, pray?
O my God, make them like the whirling dust,
like the chaff before the wind!
As the fire burns the woods,
and as the flame sets the mountains on fire,
so, pursue them with Your tempest,
and frighten them with Your storm.
Fill their faces with shame,
That they may seek Your name, O Lord.
Let them be confounded and dismayed forever;
Yes, let them be put to shame and perish,
that they may know that You, whose name alone is the Lord,
are the Most High over all the earth.
How to Pray for Israel
- Defense of Israel: We implore God to safeguard Israel, currently in a war against Hamas and other terrorist organizations, while confronting additional threats from various sides.
- Victory and safety: We pray for a decisive victory over the terrorists, with a fervent plea for the safety of our fighting soldiers, as well as security, border patrol, and police authorities.
- Wisdom for leaders: We lift up Israel’s political and military leaders, asking God for wisdom in their critical tactical and strategic decisions.
- Comfort for grieving families: Our prayers are with the grieving families on both sides of this conflict. We ask that they may find comfort and strength in Jesus’ name.
- Safety of hostages: We pray for the hostages and beseech God for their safety and swift return home from captivity.
- Healing for the wounded: We seek the physical and emotional healing of the wounded, asking for their full and complete recovery and overall well-being.
- Protection for children and civilians: Our hearts are heavy for the children affected by the war and the innocent civilian population. Let us appeal to God for their protection during these difficult times.
- Strength for medical personnel: We ask for strength and wisdom for doctors, nurses, medical staff, and rescue organizations as they work tirelessly to save the wounded and provide relief.
- Divine guidance for the Messianic community: We offer a special prayer for the Messianic communities in Israel and throughout the region that we may shine as beacons of light in these trying times.
- Peace in our hearts: We pray that the peace of God would fill our hearts and that of all of God’s children worldwide, a peace which surpasses all understanding, that shall protect our hearts and minds through Christ Jesus, so that our every word and action may contribute to the building of God’s Kingdom.